Tuesday 26 February 2013

Twine It Up!

One boring rainy day, I felt crafty. Actually I feel crafty in all weather. Enter empty wine bottle. ...from a while back. This craft is not a result of an empty wine bottle. Well I guess it is but uhhh... you know what I mean.

So I have an empty wine bottle, a glue gun, and some twine. Put all that together and I have a decorative vase-y thing.

All you need to do is wrap the twine and stick it onto dabs of glue as you go.


Continue until the whole bottle is wrapped and ta-daaa! Easiest DIY project ever. I thought it gave a nice natural-looking touch to our decor. I also wrapped a little vase with a cute shape and together they live on the mantel and pose nicely with other accessories.

The red and orange flowers were for autumn, the gold sparkly palms were for winter, and the elephant/book combo was there as a location test. The last photo with the flowers is the most current. I am excited for spring and these lisianthus just look so cheery!

You can swap out the wine bottle for any other bottle or container for this project. A Perrier bottle, a beer bottle, a mason jar, a boring vase, etc. The twine can also easily be spray painted or dip-painted for more interest. So far I love the natural look but you never know when I might be bored on a rainy day again!

xoxo, E

No comments:

Post a Comment