Wednesday 12 June 2013

Cupcake Liner Pomanders

Yesterday I wrote about the details of my Goddaughter's baptism. The day was awesome and I'm sure Harper had a great time!

Today's post is specifically about the pomanders that were used as decoration on the cake table.


They were so easy and fun to make! Probably around 15 minutes each and cost $8 a pop! I think they look just like carnation balls. Except carnation balls are $60 on the low end and very messy.


As for how to make these babies, you'll need:
- a styrofoam ball
- cupcake liners
- pins


We used cute yellow round head pins but they didn't end up showing at all so I'd recommend the cheapest flat head pins you can find.

Step One: Stick the pin through the centre of the cupcake liner.
  

Step Two: Scrunch the liner


Step Three: Repeat 123,456,789 times


Step Four: Stick each pin into the styrofoam ball


Step Five: Repeat 123,456,789 times (we giggled that it resembled a clown wig at this point!)


Step Six: No step six -- you're done!! Give yourself a pat on the back.


Tons of people commented on how cute they were! I completely agree and think they are super fun for a kids' party or baby/bridal shower. And most importantly, cheap and easy to make! My sister-in-law and I made these assembly-line style with me pinning and scrunching the cupcake liner while she stuck them in.



I think they were oh-so-charming on the cake/dessert table.


xoxo,

E

No comments:

Post a Comment