Thursday 31 January 2013

Sausages & Sun Dried Tomato Alfredo Pasta Dinner

I want to share with you one of my favourite dinner recipes. It takes about half an hour to prepare and virtually fool proof. Being relatively new to the cooking world, I need something easy and quick so I don't want to jab myself in the eye with my wooden spoon. Sadly, I am not one of those people that love cooking. Making food is a necessity and it's neither exciting nor awful for me. It just is. This recipe is simple and both my hubs and I love it.

Bear with me while I type up my first ever recipe. Hopefully, I won't leave anything out! No, that's too ambitious. Let's aim for not leaving much out.

Sausages & Sun Dried Tomato Alfredo Pasta Dinner


(4 servings)


Ingredients:

- 4 mild Italian sausages
- 8 oz chopped mushrooms
- pasta of your choice
- 1/2 cup of milk
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)

Directions:

1. Cook sausages whole in a preheated oven at 425 F for 17-19 minutes, turning over midway.
2. While sausages are cooking, heat chopped mushrooms on a large skillet, on medium heat until slightly brown.
3. Add sauce, milk, and seasoning to skillet. Add a pinch of cayenne pepper for extra flavour. Keep on low/medium heat  for 10 minutes.
4. Boil pasta and drain. Add to skillet along with cut-up sausages.
5. Roughly chop the baby spinach leaves and add to skillet. Keep on low heat for five minutes and serve.


This is the kind of recipe you can tweak a million ways. You can substitute chicken instead of sausages, add peppers or zucchini, season with garlic and paprika, add shredded cheese, etc. The possibilities really are endless with this one. I hope you give it a try!

xoxo, E

PS - Can you think of a better name for this recipe? The one I came up with seems long and boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment